Sunday, January 15, 2006

Unknowingly, tears started gathering in my eyes. I'm helpless, and I couldn't hold it back. My heart was beating heavily. I was afraid. I was in blankness. I do not know what to do, or what to say when I walk thru the gate. But somehow, I gathered my courage, and sped up my steps. I walked by all the guests, and I saw uncle (my friend's dad) talking to other guest. Then auntie saw me, and walked over. She whispered to my ear,"Andy has passed away." That was when my eyes became watery. Uncle came, and shake my hand. He said he have not seen me for very long time. Then the sister patted me on the back, and said "hi".

We had a short chat, before I took a seat and they started playing pictures of Andy, from the day he was born, until his funeral. I just sat quietly watching the pictures projected on the screen. I was emotionless. My mind kept on playing back those times that we had. I remembers how I first heard of him. It was from my eldest sis, who back then, found a part time tuition job, teaching Andy. He lives just a stone throw away from me, in the same neighbourhood.

The moment that hit me was when the pictures of his funeral was shown. The picture of his coffin, and when they bury him. It's hurts so much, I really couldn't imagine that he's now lying under the ground. All sealed up. Breathless.

After the pictures session, I wanted to make a move. So, I went over to talk to auntie, who told one of the guest that I'm Andy's very good friend since young. My eyes became watery again, and then I proceeded to say goodbye to uncle, and that's when tears started flowing down my cheek. This is the first time I went over to his place since his abrupt departure in November.

As far as I can remember, he's the closest person whom I've lost in sudden. My tears can vouch for that. Only time will heal.

Thanks Joanne, for "burning" me a copy of his pictures. I know you miss him. I'm sad with his departure too.

No comments: